Strategies, tools and resources for student learning
The Center for Teaching Excellence supports Point Park faculty and staff in efforts to improve student learning by providing resources, instruction, and assistance in curriculum development and review, and creation and implementation of outcomes-based assessment measures.
Location and Hours
- 210 Thayer Hall
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; additional hours by appointment.
Log in to Point Park's Blackboard website for a complete list of:
- Training dates and times
- Information on instructional technology, assessment and curriculum
We can help you with the following:
- Construct mission and goal statements.
- Generate measurable program and course objectives.
- Conduct and document meaningful program and core curriculum outcomes assessment.
- Assess and improve student learning in classes.
- Analyze and reflect on assessment results in order to make appropriate, data-driven changes to improve learning.
Curriculum Development and Review
- Develop curriculum proposals for both internal approval and external compliance and approval.
- Design courses and syllabi.
- Construct meaningful equivalent instructional activities.
Center for Teaching Excellence Staff
Please contact us for assistance with any CTE services. All phone numbers are area code and exchange 412-392.
|Dr. Jonas Prida, Assistant Provost for Curriculum, Assessment, and Accreditationemail@example.com||x4773|
|Alison Sahner, Technology Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org||x3880|
To learn more about assessment at Point Park, please visit our Assessment of Student Learning page, or log on to Blackboard to visit our Center for Teaching Excellence page or University Assessment page.