Make Your Summer More Productive
Point Park summer courses online or on campus can help graduation day arrive sooner!
Point Park welcomes students for our online or on-campus summer sessions, whether you are just starting out with us or are enrolled at another university and want to complete classes to transfer toward your degree. And of course, current Point Park students are welcome to continue their studies during the summer, including completion of core curriculum requirements.
As an added benefit, students taking online undergraduate courses this summer can take advantage of a discounted tuition rate of just $412 per credit.*
In addition, students doing a summer internship for credit pay a discounted rate of $250 per credit, plus fees.**
Point Park's summer sessions feature multiple entry points and start as early as April 30.
Questions? Contact Us
Office of Admission (undergraduate)
- Phone: 412-392-3430 / 1-800-321-0129
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 412-392-3902
Office of Graduate Admission
- Phone: 412-392-3808 or
- Fax: 412-392-6164
Wide Range of Summer Courses
Point Park is offering a wide range of undergraduate and graduate classes during summer semester:
- Political Science
- Public Relations
- Social Media
- Theatre Production
- Video Production
- Visual Communication
- Criminal Justice
- History of Dance
- Engineering Technology
Check our summer course schedules for specific class offerings:
See our Catalogs page for undergraduate and graduate catalogs and course descriptions.
Students Enrolled Elsewhere: How to Take Summer Classes at Point Park
If you attend a two-year or four-year institution elsewhere, we welcome you to take courses at Point Park, either online or on campus.
As a first step, check with your school adviser to make sure the Point Park class(es) you want to take would be accepted for transfer by your institution. The next step is to apply for admission to Point Park as a non-degree student (no cost to apply online):
- Undergraduate application for admission (select non-degree major)
- Graduate application for admission (select non-degree program)
Current Point Park Students: Complete Your Degree Sooner
Point Park’s summer courses can help speed your time to degree completion, make room in your schedule to pursue a second major, minor in a program of interest, or just lighten your credit load for future semesters.
Check PointWeb or visit your department chairperson for detailed course information.
- Note: Please review Point Park's Request to Transfer Credits Policy with regard to classes taken at other institutions.
New Students: Start a Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree Program
Tuition and costs
- Summer Online Undergraduate Courses: Discounted tuition rate of $412 per credit, plus a $5-per-credit technology fee.
- Summer On-Campus Undergraduate Courses: Point Park's summer 2017 undergraduate tuition rate is $766 per credit for courses in the School of Arts and Sciences, School of Business and School of Communication, and $976 per credit for courses in the Conservatory of Performing Arts, plus applicable fees for all courses.
- Summer Graduate Courses: Point Park's summer 2017 graduate tuition rate of $856 per credit, or $454 for graduate education programs, plus applicable fees.
- Summer Internship Pricing for All Students: Point Park's summer 2017 internship tuition rate is $250 per credit, plus fees. Learn more
- Summer Co-op Pricing for All Students: Point Park's summer 2017 co-op tuition rate is $500 per credit, plus fees.
Students are not eligible to receive Point Park University scholarships while taking summer courses. You are not eligible for financial aid taking five or less credits. However, if you are enrolled for six or more credits during the summer, we will notify you of what you are eligible to receive.