"I owe my success in life to my family, friends and professors who have helped me achieve some of my greatest ambitions including earning this master's degree," Sharon Rodriguez, M.A. in leadership. More from Graduate Hooding 2016.
Advance Professionally, Achieve Your Goals With a Point Park Graduate Education
"My first boss told me that she hired me out of more than 200 applicants because of my advanced degree."
-- Sarah Skirpan, M.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication
"Having a degree from Point Park and the skill sets I gained learning from outstanding faculty tremendously helped me in landing a job at Morgan Stanley."
-- Himanshu Patel, M.B.A., international business concentration
Career promotions, advanced knowledge and skills, increased confidence and job marketability ... these are just a few of the outcomes reported by students and alumni of our 17 master's degrees and two doctoral programs.
In a society and workplace characterized by diversity and change, our career-focused graduate programs will help you:
- Achieve high-level skills in your chosen career field;
- Gain comprehensive knowledge of your industry profession; and
- Thrive as a leader and ethical professional.
Alumni and Student Success Stories
Graduates of Point Park's master's degree programs have landed jobs or received promotions in a variety of industries with employers such as:
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Bank of New York Mellon
- Bayer Corporation
- David L. Lawrence Convention Center
- Enercon Services
- Gateway Rehab
- Highmark, Inc.
- KOBI TV
- Madison Square Garden Company
- Pittsburgh Bureau of Police
- Pittsburgh Colfax K-8
- PNC Financial Services Group
- UPMC Center for Sports Medicine
- Westinghouse Electric Company
Where Are They Now?
In the links below, our alumni and students describe how pursuing or earning a graduate degree is helping them achieve success in their career fields.
Success stories by academic area:
- Criminal Justice and Intelligence Studies
- Humanities and Human Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Engineering Management
Experience Results With Your Graduate Degree
Upon completion of your graduate degree from Point Park, you will have the ability to:
- Communicate ideas and research findings in both writing and in speech;
- Critically evaluate, analyze and synthesize current research and theory into a dynamic framework;
- Contribute to your chosen field in the private or public sector, both domestically and internationally;
- Build on existing knowledge in your chosen field of expertise and apply your knowledge in new ways; and
- Meaningfully integrate the theoretical with the practical in your chosen profession.
Interested in learning more how a Point Park graduate degree can help you advance in your career? Schedule a personal visit or attend an upcoming graduate open house at our Downtown Pittsburgh campus.
Check Us Out