Connections That Count: Be a Part of the Point Park Graduate Community
" … I made great connections and learned from the experiences of my fellow classmates. It has truly made me an improved professional."
A mixture of working professionals and full-time students, our graduate community at Point Park University is connected, vibrant and energized by the city around it.
Our campus location in Downtown Pittsburgh allows us to host a variety of unique professional networking events that are both fun and beneficial to the career goals of our graduate students.
Examples of graduate student life events at Point Park include:
- Business writing workshop;
- Cultural summit;
- Desk building adventure (Ed.D. program);
- End-of-year celebration;
- Ethical leadership panel discussion;
- Faculty colloquium on global immigration;
- M.F.A. in screenwriting and playwriting workshops;
- New graduate student reception;
- Study abroad discussion; and more.
In addition, Point Park hosts activities for graduate students such as:
- Global trivia bowls;
- Networking and resume workshops;
- Panel discussions on higher education;
- Social hours;
- Speed networking receptions;
- Volunteering for local nonprofit organizations; and
- Group outings to shows and performances.